Lifeline Nepal successfully accomplished the project for “Strengthening the program on Zinc and ORS in treatment for childhood diarrhea” in 13 districts from January 2014 – December 2014 in close consultations with Child Health Division (CHD), District (Public) Health Offices, District Development Committees and other related stakeholders with the support from Micronutrient Initiative (MI), LLN signed the contract with MI on February 10, 2014 to implement the project which holds following objectives.
• To improve utilization of Zinc and ORS through adequate counseling and explaining benefits of zinc and ORS caretakers/mothers
• To improve forecasting procuring and stock control of zinc and ORS at district level and health facility level
• To improve the recording and reporting and increase the use of HMIS for planning and corrective actions at district and health facility levels
Districts Covered: Parsa, Kavre, Mahotarrai, Morang, Jhapa, Nuwakot, Gulmi, Dolpa, Dhading, Palpa, Rautahat, Khotang, Ilam
• Orientation and ToT for in-charges of Primary Health Care Center (PHCC), health post (HP) and Sub- health post (SHP) in each project district.
• Refresher orientation for FCHV in each health facility of the program district by respective health facility In-charge
• Orientation for private pharmacies at district headquarters to enhance knowledge on importance of zinc in treatment of childhood diarrhea.
• Coordination with CHD, D/PHOs, MI and other relevant stakeholders for scheduling the district ToT and orientation
• Regular monitoring to ensure that the quality of training as per standards and guidelines.
Status of Trained Personnel
|SN||Districts||District Level Supervisor||Pharmaceutical||HF level Staff||VDC HFWs||VDC FCHVs||Total||Remarks|
|13||Ilam||17||13||0||0||0||30||The orientation at community level was dropped out in the district under new strategy|